Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Neglected Project Finished!

Now I am sure you are thinking,"OK, What do books have to do with a Project?". Well these aren't just any books! These are Folio Society edition books. They are unabridged and beautifully illustrated and beautifully bound! These were the only Christmas presents that I got. Now don't feel sorry for me this is what I wanted. They are beautiful. Well the project revolved around what they came in.

To Kill A Mockingbird and The Hobbit!
This is the cover of The Hobbit.
Beautiful Title Page!


The front cover Artwork on the cover TO Kill A Mockingbird.
The Beautiful Title Page!
This is the cool bag it came in. The books came from London! I was so happy to see them I almost ripped into this bag. I hope this isn't some against the law thing to do , because well I cut it up and made a bag out of it!So If you don't hear from Me for awhile then you know I am in major trouble! :)
I lined it with Pink Fabric.{That I didn't even know that I had. That is what comes from cleaning all of it up.}
Here it is all done. It is big enough that I can use it for a diaper bag or an overnight bag. 
Well I like how it turned out. I think it was a great way to use something that was just going to be thrown away!
1-more project done. I totally had forgot about this bag until I pulled out all of my fabric.
See what happens when I clean! I find things!
Have A Great Day!

5 comments:

  1. I love what you did what that bag! Where do you find the time to do all of your crafts? I wish, I wish, I wish I had some time to craft!!! I have 1 more year of preschool and then I will have the whole day to myself! hehehe Can't wait to reclaim the house and have it clean and organized!
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is fantastic. Great idea. Books are such a a weakness of mine. Love the covers and illustrations. My son is reading the Hobbit right now. He has listened to it on audio dozens of times but is reading The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so my hubby will let him see the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bag! I've never gotten anything from Great Britain in a cool Royal Mail bag! Lining it with pink is pure inspiration. :-) The books are just beautiful. What a treasure.

    Please check out my blog where I've left an award for you!

    http://weareflyingnow.blogspot.com
    Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE BAG!!!! You are one creative girl!! Now you make me want to go and organize my fabric!!! I am trying to get ready for a yard sale in a couple of weeks so I am going through EVERYTHING in my house!! It is good for me :o) It is like therapy!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you and I scrolled down to meet Miss Lily and she is a doll!

    What a clever use for the bag. Thanks so much for stopping by,

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete