Monday, April 20, 2009

A Few Finished Projects!

Well I got a few projects finished and wanted to post them. Soon I will put up pictures of my new craft table. I love it and we didn't even spend much on it to do it. Well A few Pink Saturdays ago, I posted some wool felt coasters I got at Michael's. They were only $1 and so I picked up 3 sets. I found this unfinished box at the Hobby Lobby when they had Paper Mache on sale for 50% off. So I think I paid just over A Dollar on it.
I found this cool paper at the Hobby Lobby too. Then I spray Painted the box, and Mod Podged the paper on the top. Then Hot Glued on the ribbon and the button. My Son thinks that I can fix anything with Hot Glue! LOL I never realised that is what he was getting at when he would ask me how I attached something! :)
The Kids have been begging to go to Cracker Barrel. Well that can be a bit of money. So we went for breakfast, because it is cheaper. I found this cute Tea Towel. I fell in Love with it. they had a whole section of chocolate and Cupcake stash there. Well I decided to make a pillow out of it.

I got some of the mini pom-pom fringe from the Walmart. Now I am not the best sewer at all, but I tried anyway! So now it rests on my bed! So now I will have chocolate filled dreams!

Thank You for Stopping By! Have A Great Day! Stop By Again Very Soon! You never know what kinda trouble I can get myself into! :)

5 comments:

  1. Your pillow is soooo cute! I would have never thought about turning a dish towel into a pillow.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!! We can hardly ever go into Cracker Barrel without getting just our food!! Love their store!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,

    I love to look around at Cracker Barrel too. We don't go often, but when we do we always have to wait forever. It gives us time to look. The cupcake pillow is great. My mom told me to always look at the clearance. She finds great deals there.

    To answer your question about the plastic paint. It is holding up really well and I love the Krylon Fusion paint. In fact I use if for most of my projects regardless if it is plastic or not. It give a great hard finish. The can actually says that after seven days it is chip resistant. I need to try it out on something large and plastic--like the plastic chairs on my patio that have seen better days. That would be the real test.

    Your coaster box turned out really cute. Those are very neat coasters. Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I've used teatowels in the past for pillows but never like this! Thanks for your comment on my button broach, It is really hard to find something totally buttons but it's fun when you do. I've made some more broaches and am ready to blog abaout them...just have to take photos now and that's what I find the hardest! Getting time, you know? Anyway, hope to see you again soon! Keep blogging!

    Aussie Amanda

    ReplyDelete