Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great Weekend Finds!

Well We had a Great weekend! This is a Picture of Miss Lily all in her New Hat, to go to the Yard Sales!It was so much fun! Now I wanted to make sure that no spending went over the amount that was budgeted. I was determined to get some goodies. I was Happy with what I found!
Miss Lily all smiles! {I should have taken one of her totally crashed out about noon with the Hat still on!}
I got the white plates for like $1 and then the glass lid to a cheese plate for 25cents! I got most everything except for the baby clothes for 25-50 Cents!
The Most for one dress was $2, but they were in great shape. Plus they had smocking and were really nice.
I thought the Dress with the Goldfish was way too cute!
I got this antique frame that is a bit beat-up for 50 Cents! I have no idea what to do with it yet, but I cant help running my hands over it and feeling the wood carvings!

I got this Strawberry mold for 50 Cents. It will go perfect in my Kitchen.
I got 4 10x14 frames for 50 cents a piece
Tons of the other stuff I got. That is the metal part of a medicine cabinet that had an old mirror attached to it. I am going to re-paint the mirror.
This basket was 50 Cents. It is gorgeous. It needs a good couple of dunks in some hot Murphy oil wood soap and hot water. I am hoping that I won't need to paint it. If I do I guess I could just stain it darker! That is an idea!
The lady I bought this old potpourri warmer from thought she had to tell me what it was. I guess someone had thought it was a cute little crock pot. I like this one because they use to make them bigger. Well I like the wide mouth on it so I can use my leftover candle bits to Grubby up some stuff!

The last Place we went to had these bookends! I love the Pear I am thinking of painting them both Black! I love the Frog on the one set!
Well I had such a great weekend and there are a few other things we got that I haven't posted yet. That I will put in a new post. I only ended up spending 50 dollars and that is actually including a bit of gas and sodas! It got hot this Saturday! We have had 80 degree weather here most of the weekend and this week so far!
Have a Great Day! Come Back Soon For A Visit!


4 comments:

  1. Great finds! Miss Lily looks absolutely adorable in that hat! I think the pears will look just stunning in black - be sure to post a picture when you've painted them. The frame is gorgeous. Click over to "Thoughts from Alice W." and see how she has hung pretty frames in her home with nothing in them. You can find a link to her blog on mine. She's very creative.

    Have a happy spring day!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer!
    Miss Lily sure looks adorable, all smiles, in that hat!

    You sure are lucky with the yard sales girl! I drove by two Saturday and they just didn't look as though they had much of anything. I hardly ever find anything that is good like you and others on here seem to find. Sigh... I even tried an antique store two weeks ago. They wanted more for that used stuff than it cost to buy it new! I do better at Home Goods! hehehe

    It has been as hot as 103 degrees on my porch the past 4 - 5 days! HOT!!! We go from Winter to Summer with no inbetween! The pollen is extremely high too! Sneeeze, cough, cough! lol

    Enjoy the rest of the day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made out!! Love the white plates!! Love the little girl and her hat, too!! So cute!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found some fabulous finds this past weekend. Love the white plates and the pear books ends are fantastic. The oval mirror is great too. I remember the days when I could find cute clothes at yard sales. Now my daughter is nine and it is much harder.

    Victoria and I both are in the Stockbridge/McDonough area of GA.
    The pollen is making my daughter crazy right now, but somehow my hubby who is usually miserable, it is not so bad for this year.

    It is always good to see more of us GA girls around blogland.

    ReplyDelete