Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Salvation Army Finds and Re-Do's!

I just went to our local Salvation Army, and got lucky I thought! I only spent 12 dollars! My favorite is this Chair I got for $5! It is a very sturdy and very Heavy Chair! It looks like someone took the time to strip it down to the raw wood there are remnants of old paint left in crevices. I am not sure if I am going to stain it or paint it Cream or something. I am not quite sure where I am even going to put it yet!

I got this cute candle crock for less than 50 Cents!

I got this carrot dish for 25 Cents. the paint has chipped off but the piece is in good shape, so I think I will sand it a bit to even it out and then paint it white!



I got 2 wood pieces there also! The wood bowl was only 99 cents! I think I am going to paint it Barn Red and put it in the Living Room with all my other Red things! I am not sure about the candle holder yet though.



Now I have been doing some quick re-do's the past couple of evenings! I have had these flowers in the vase for a while. These Flowers i got a few years ago at the Walmart for only $1 a bunch! I have had the ribbon left over from putting a Bow on a wreath with the same kinds of flowers on it. I just got the basket yesterday! The Hobby Lobby has baskets 50% off right now, so go raid there cool stash. I got this one for $2! I also had floral foam around. You can never have too much of that stuff on hand!







This is what I came up with! The weird thing is in person the Flowers don't look that far off in color. I really don't know what happened there, but I thought it turned out fun and easy! I am so getting ready for Spring! Well it doesn't hurt that here in the GA it got to 86 yesterday!



Now this shelf I got from the Salvation Army! It was like $3.99 I think! Well it was a bit beat up. Some of the swirls and the Ivy had fallen off at some point. Which is why it was probably at the Salvation Army to begin with. Well I decide to get out the Matte black Spray Paint and then I got a wonderful shelf!



(Oh I did pull the swirls and the Ivy off and sanded before Painting!) This shelf is going up in my kitchen over the sink! As soon as it is put up in its permanent home I will post it!






Well this is what I have been up to lately. Plus I am in the middle of sewing my first Rag Doll! Well it was going well but now the Hair has me totally stumped! LOL
So I will post my pathetic attempt soon I just have to get some Hair on the poor thing! I made her Dress Pink though I am hoping to have her done by Pink Saturday! We will see I might be too embarrassed by Her! :)

I Hope You have a Great Day! Thank You for stopping by and visiting Me for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment