Monday, March 2, 2009

Love of Painted Houses!

I got these houses when they had all the paper mache for 50% off. I liked them and thought they would look great on my side tables. So the pictures are showing them in a progression.

(The House all plain)
(The house with cream vellum covering the windows)

Well the House looked blank in the middle, so I used a mini wreath that I got for 50% off at Hobby Lobby! I just thought about it, What didn't I get at Hobby Lobby?!! LOL


I don't know if you can tell but I put battery operated tea lights inside the house to make it glow. The lights actually flicker! It looks great at night.




This is the small house that I did for the other side table. It has vellum also and also has the battery operated tea lights in it!




5 comments:

  1. I think you did a wonderful job with your lil' houses. Looks like you hit the jackpot at Hobby Lobby - isn't that store addicting. It's a good thing it is an hour and half away from me!
    Thanks for stopping by - I so appreciate it. Have a great week! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    They look wonderful ,you did a great job on them .I love that burgandy one , it's one of my favorite colors, I have several of those little houses in my family room done up in Americana colors in fact one looks like a flag and I just love it .They look so pretty lite up at night .I did one up for my youngest daughter last summer in pink and made a white glitter roof on it and added some butterflies and put a light in it for her . I was just at Hobby lobby yesterday buying some paper mache boxs 50 % off that I am working with .I didn't think to buy any houses they were on sale to . Maybe tomorrow will be another trip to hobby lobby lol :) Have a good day

    Renae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! Those houses are too cute! What a great idea. You could make a little village!

    XOXOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable houses. Thanks for stopping by.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete