Friday, May 22, 2009

Great Idea!!

I stumbled across this Awesome Idea! It is how to save a Sewing Pattern.I thought that this is an amazing idea, because the tissue paper can so easily rip.

How to Save Sewing Patterns

An easy way to save sewing patterns for repeated use is by reinforcing the tissue pattern with fusible interfacing.  Other methods include the use of tracing paper, butcher paper, parchment paper, and commercial pattern paper.

How to fuse a tissue paper pattern piece to fusible interfacing:

  • Set your iron to dry.

  • Lay the fusible interfacing adhesive side up (the side that feels nubby) on the ironing board.

  • Place the pattern piece on top and press gently - do not slide the iron or the pattern may tear.

  • Lift the iron and move it around and press until the entire pattern piece adheres to the fusible interfacing.

  • Optional:  Press the pattern piece and the interfacing together before you cut out the pattern if possible.  It makes it easier to keep the iron from getting sticky, and to cut out the pattern


    I came upon this on a site called on Whip it up.net. The site is really cool. It is full of all kinds of info and tutorials.

    Well I hope this is helpful. Have A Great Day!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer!

    That's a good idea! I have used the wax paper on a few dress patterns that I used to make for my daughter alot. After I cut out the pattern I would trace it onto the wax paper. Cut it out from the wax paper. Then all you would have to do is iron the wax paper onto your material and then cut it out. Pull the wax paper off and you can use it again and again and again! I loved it! It made it so much easier to pin and to cut it out.

    I hope you get to enjoy this lovely long weekend! We still have two more weeks of school. I can't wait for school to be over!!!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have enjoyed Librivox. Thanks for stopping in to let me know. We have so much fun listening to all kinds of stuff.

    Looks like a great idea for a pattern. I don't sew very much, so my patterns usually have the "never used" look. Should really change that.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer. Thanks so much for the link. I hope you enjoy the rest of the site. Happy Memorial Day.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennifer!

    I have an award waiting for you at my blog!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - nice tip about saving patterns! I never thought of that - and congrats on your award - did you pick yours up yet???

    ReplyDelete