Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday! A Pink Cause!

I have come across this great cause! It is a great way to celebrate Pink while helping women and children. I have been so involved in my own life lately, that when I came across this wonderful Project I thought it was perfect.



It is called the Pink Slipper Project. It makes Slippers for women and children in Battered Womens Shelters. Some of these women and children leave with barely the clothes on there back. What a wonderful way to give them a bit of something special. This project has many ways to help. They also give you many patterns to choose from to make. They have patterns that are meant for sewing and others for crocheting and knitting also. They have lists of material to be donated. What a wonderful way to support other women. So check this Project out! I am going to try and really get involved in this as much as I can. So please spread the word about this. Go to their site and get involved.

I have to give a big Thank You to Beverly for hosting Pink Saturday! Stop by her blog and see all the other wonderful Pink Ladies out there.

Have A Great Day! Thank You for visiting my blog. Take A moment everyday to look around you and be so Thankful for what we have!

Happy Pink Wishes To All!!!

19 comments:

  1. it really is a good idea thanks for sharing happy pink saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for sharing the link, I will definetly go check it out now!

    Thanks for coming by my blog & wishing me a happy pink saturday, how nice of you!!

    Hope you have a great weekend : )

    Sheryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your visit and comments!
    Have a happy pink saturday!

    Hugs :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thoughtful and caring pink saturday contribution. thank you for sharing it with us. thank you for visiting me. happy pink saturday

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great project. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    Thanks for visiting, hope you have a beautiful pink saturday and a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs from Argentina: D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the link posted on my blog as I think this is such a good idea!
    HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter is just around the corner in my neck of the woods so Pink Saturday is even more meaningful for me because I won't see my garden bloom again until at least May of next year!

    Thanks so much for your participation this week. It brightened my day☺

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with happiness surrounded by those you love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous idea ;--)
    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my Pink Skies this week at Happily Retired Gal.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great post for a great cause. Happy Pink Saturday!
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such wonderful information and it's so important for women to help other women. I can't imagine what battered women must go through.

    I know someone whose husband tried to kill her. Good for you for getting involved. We all need to follow your example. Thanks for sharing this valuable information. I am so thankful for my life. Enjoy each day and happy pink weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea. I am going to check it out when I have a few more minutes. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer!
    Thanks so much for your visit on Pink Saturday! So nice to meet you! Your blog is lovely and I've signed on to follow!

    Also, I'm in the process of turning an unused blog into a 1950's Recipe Blog: CHARMING VINTAGE RECIPES with Authentic 1950'S FAMILY FAVORITES. (I'm having so much fun putting it together!) Check it out!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a wonderful cause and should help so many in need, it's just a shame that in this time of our history, we need something like this. When will we ever learn to be kind to one another, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great cause - how sensible! I hate cold feet - it's really depressing and there's no way you can warm up. I am now having to resort to bed socks as I can't sleep if my feet are cold, and I get cramps in the instep. So I totally sypathise with these ladies.

    Happy Pink Saturday (I know, I'm shamefully late...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jennifer,
    What a wonderful pink post, so important for us all to remember how good we have it, and how many others are in need. Slippers - who would have thought? They're such a small thing that we take for granted, this post made me think about the small ways we can help.
    Thank you, I am going to post the link on my site as well.
    Thanks for visiting, sorry I'm so late and just getting around to seeing all the Pinks!
    Hope you'll come back soon.
    XO
    Heidi
    Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great project, thanks for sharing. Good of you to stop by my blog, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you,Jennifer,for sharing this. What a wonderful thing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog,too :D Have a good week~

    ReplyDelete