Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pillow Inspiration!

I was inspired by something I saw in the July Issue of Country Living! I loved the Post Card Pillow they show in this issue. I had come across quite a few scanned in copies of Post Cards!


I went to Walmart and purchased Ink jet Transfer Paper. It wasn't too pricey. I also am going to make a few more pillows and put them in a basket on my bedside table's self. Now I found this incredible Blog that has fun images and challenges on it. It is called Art-e-ology! I love it! The Artwork is amazing. Plus the images are too!


Now the thing about using the Iron-on transfer is that you need to have software that will print the image in reverse for you! Just a tip. You kinda don't want to waste the paper. :)

Here is my pillow all done. Ok so my Pillow skills are not the best. So don't look too close! LOL
Thanks for Stopping by! Come back for a visit soon!
Have A Great Day!

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer you did a great job what are you talking about your skills not being that good. Honey if you can sew a pillow, you have skills. If you can print to the printer you have done a great job. Way to go. Great post. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Wow! I really like this idea!.. Especially, if a postcard is sentimental.. something you've saved from someone special, and you can scan it for this type of thing! I'm thinking of a postcard from a friend on her honeymoon, and how I could scan that to make her a pillow for her 1st (paper) anniversary! Wouldn't that be great?!.. Oh, and I love this magazine, Country Living, too! My grandmother used to get it, and she'd give me the copies when she was done with them; but I have forgotten all about them since her passing away. I should sign up for my own subscription!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now inspired! However, I want to make round pillows with the pie pictures that were on the front of your mag! How cute that would be on a kitchen bench! I am uber exicted to do it!

    ReplyDelete