Friday, July 17, 2009

Cheap And Easy Moving Tips!

Moving is never an easy time for anyone. It is trying to tame a tornado into boxes!! :) I have had to move myself many times. I have picked up a few tricks that I thought would be helpful to pass on. First I always make sure I have plenty of packing materials. Wine boxes and other liquor boxes are really sturdy and great to hold books. Sturdy used boxes are always a great find!

I also use huge sharpies and try to color code each room. So in a glance you can tell right away that a box is in the wrong room without having to read what is in the box. I also develop a code that is simple and tells me what is in the box.

Now for my great cheap find, and I think my best tip is the packing paper. Call your local newspaper and ask if you could buy their END ROLLS! We got three and bought them for $1 a piece.

I actually got a good amount! There is no ink on these, so that it doesn't rub off on your stuff.

Well I hope this is helpful to make your next move a bit easier! Thank You for stopping by! Come back and visit soon!

2 comments:

  1. UGH! I loathe moving. I hope it will be a smooth and (dare I sa joyful?) process! Hope all is well!
    ~Leian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant tip - never would have thought of that. Perfect for covering my table when I'm using spray dyes.

    ReplyDelete