Sunday, January 4, 2009

Introducing Miss Liliana Elizabeth!


On October 13th I went in to be induced. The Doctor felt sorry for me, which I was so grateful for. As we were waiting to check-in at Labor and Delivery a woman was having her baby and was screaming at the top of her lungs. It has been 7 years that since I have experienced any of this and basically started to have a panic attack. Poor Matt had to hold me up. Well they got my IV in and started me on antibiotics. Then the Pharmacist didn't like what my Doctor had prescribed for me due to my many med allergies. Well needless to say what my Doctor had prescribed I have had before and was not allergic too. The Pharmacist gave me something I had never had before. Then a few hours later they started me on the Petocin. I was doing well progressing nicely and the Doctor wanted me to deliver quicker than I was progressing so they were really upping the petocin and I was having tons of back labor, which I never had before. It was really intense, so I asked for my first ever Epidural. I loved it! I had been in constant pain for the last three months of pregnancy and now no pain it was amazing. Then they upped the petocin to levels they said they never would have if I hadn't had an epidural. Well the epidural stopped working and the pain was unbearable, so they asked me if I wanted another one. I said "Oh Yeah! Please!". In the process the Epidural doctor, or as I refer to him a Gem among men, ripped out my IV. The first IV took them about 45 min to get it in the first place. I am a very hard stick. Well he put in another IV and what they call a Dual-epidural. At this point I was 10 cm dilated and fully effaced and was ready to push. The Dual-epidural was amazing I didn't feel a thing the Doctor came in and I was cracking jokes and He was telling me to push and I was telling him I thought I was. Well whatever was in that was really good stuff. So after 2 pushes Miss Lily was out and screaming like a mad women. It was the most beautiful calamitist experience I ever went thru. After Lily was born I had an allergic reaction to the Antibiotic just like so many of the others I am allergic too, but I didn't care because She was here and health and it was all over. I am so thankful that it was all ok and that the members here in Georgia were so supportive and spoiled us so much. I felt so undeserving of the blessings that were poured out upon us.

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. I love inductions and I love epidurals...my labors have been beautiful because of that. I am glad that everything went so smooth. You have a dog now too...your family is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all, she is beautiful, cute dog
    hope all is well

    ReplyDelete