Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shoes A Girls Best Friend!

I love a pretty pair of shoes! I love high heels, I love a fun pair of Chuck Taylor shoes. A few years ago I found this card at Pier 1. It was a cream colored card with a cut out of a shoe with beads all over it. I fell in love with it. I knew I wanted to frame it. If not for the sheer fact of keeping the beads on the card. Well I did frame it and loved it even more if that is possible. So for the last few years I have been trying to find "Shoe" cards or pictures to hang up. I haven't come across anything that I liked, or in the colors of my bedroom, which are Pink and Green. So when I run into not being able to find exactly what I am looking for. I then look to see if I can make what I am looking for. So I did just that and decided to make my own. I got a template and some fun scrapbook papers and glitter and glitter glue and went to work. Here is what I came up with.
Clearance Frame from JoAnn Fabrics. I just found a huge JoAnn's where I live. I totally love it!
I needed a subtle background paper. So you notice the shoe and not the background paper.

Here is the template I used. I cut it out of a cereal box! So It was kind of green using what I had on hand. I didn't buy any special paper either. I used what I had already. So the cost of this project was the cost of the frame and that was it.
The finished shoe, complete with Glittered Heel and swirls!

Here it is all finished in its Frame and on the Wall!

This is the original shoe picture that inspired the whole project!

This is a collage of pictures that are beside my nightstand. I have a fun silhouette of Jane Austen! I got the Image from Dover my fav place to get fun Clip Art. The thing I love is that it was free!!!

This is the whole thing! If you notice there are a few holes in the whole collage. Well I am making a sampler for one of the spots and the other is a beautiful free cross stitch pattern I got of a shoe from DMC's free patterns. I am going to try and find the link for it. Here is the exact Link for the cross stitch Shoe! Check out DMC's free patterns Plus they have a blog too!
Thank You for dropping by! I hope you have been inspired to create your Own shoe collection!
Have A Great Day! Come Back Really Soon For a Visit!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love shoes too and you can never have enough! What a great idea and I love the result! Please stop by my blog if you have a moment and enter my give-a-way!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie. I just started hosting a Messy Monday and a Transform Tuesday linky party on my Pumpkin Patch blog. I'd love for you to link up all of your crafty stuff. They are every week, so feel free to join the party!!

    ReplyDelete