Thursday, September 17, 2009

Super Quick Cookies!

Quite a while ago I was at church in a class and we were asked how often we make cookies. Well, along with one other women, we were the only ones left standing that we made cookies at lest once a week. I didn't tell anyone that there are times I make cookies 2-3 times a week. Now I don't always make dozens upon dozens at a time. I also don't buy the ready made dough. I really like makeing them myself and adding what I want to them. So I had stumbled upon a great Cheat for making cookies quick and easy and the possibilites are endless. I make them with a cake mix. Depending on the mix depends what the cookies will be. Like I said endless possibilities.
I am going to give you the recipe then a few suggestions of what I have done and how they have turned out.
Yellow Cake Cookies
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1/3 cup of oil
1/4 water
1 Egg
1 1/2 to 2 cups of chocolate chips or
M&M's
Mix in a Bowl with spoon.Drop by Spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, or
form into balls and roll in sugar. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 14-16 min.
Tip #1 I try the cookies at 8 min then check to see if they need more time to bake.
Tip #2 I also split the chips and put half of Peanut butter chips and half chocolate.
Tip#3 I have tried a Devils Food Cake Mix and rolled it in Powdered Sugar and made chocolate crinkle cookies.
Tip#4 For a healthy version try a carrot cake mix and add rasins instead of chips plus amp it up with Nuts.
Tip#5 roll them in cinnamon and sugar and have quick Snickerdoodles.
These cookies are amazingly simple quick and you can get some done from start to finish less then 30 min.I have many times found myself needing to take a plate of cookies at the last minute. This has saved me many times. It is so simple that you can whip up a quick treat for the kid after school.
A few years ago there was this commercial that had a Mom who made Rice Crispy Treats and then splashed flour on her apron and face to look like she had labored over these treats forever. I thought these cookies are exactly like that. You hardly do anything and it looks like you spent tons of time.
Now I have some awesome cookie tips to make your cookies turn out perfect everytime.
Tip#1 Is to use, what I call a cookie scooper! They are super easy and insure that you get very uniform cookies everytime. Plus less mess when you are in a hurry. With 3 kids and one of them a baby this is a huge plus for me. I have 3 scoops!
{They have a super cheap one on Amazon. Here is the Link.}

Tip#2 After I pull out a pan of cookies. I let it cool slightly. You are less likely to have broken cookies.
Tip#3 I also put my cookie sheets in the freezer in between baking and before applying the dough. It makes the cookies cook evenly. So no more burnt bottoms.

I hope I have helped make things simple for you. I am a busy Mom and I like to do things from scratch. This little trick helps to make it very easy to do so. So next time you need to Greet a new family that just moved in or someone is sick or just had a baby. Just pull out a cake mix use your imagination, and Dazzle everyone with your Homemade Cookies!

Thank You for stopping by! Come back and visit again real soon.
Have A Great Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, the Devil's Food sounds right up my ally! These cookies are a great idea for when I forget I've signed up to bring something to a church event! Thanks!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete